First Blog Post

 Hello everyone! My name is Sydney Greene and I am excited to share my first blog post with you. Rob Priewe, my academic advisor and current Journalism/News Reporting teacher, encouraged me to enroll in JN216 and I am very happy he did. I have been thinking about majoring in Journalism for the past year due to my love for writing. One concept that I am interested in learning about through taking this class is how to interview someone. Even though I do spend quite a few hours doing homework and college related tasks, I am passionate about a few things outside of college. I am a huge Oregon Duck fan and I love watching the Oregon Duck Women's basketball team. I enjoy doing activities outside like hiking, swimming, golfing, and bike riding. This is my first time taking a Journalism class so I am coming into this with an open mind and am ready to learn all the tricks and whistles to succeed. I have three goals for this term which are learning how to interview someone well, write some stories that will be published in The Commuter, and learn how to write a well-written story by using the tools from this class. Learning how to interview someone is an important skill that I am not only interested in learning but learning well because I have always been the person being interviewed due to applying for a new job so it will be fun to be on the other side. Writing stories to be published in The Commuter is not only a big goal but an exciting one for me because I have never had the chance to have any of my stories published. Writing well-written stories is something I constantly strive to do, not only for the satisfaction but knowing that I bettered my understanding on the tools and concepts that were given. 

    Recently, I have settled on my first news story which is "When do LBCC men's and women's basketball games start?" I hope to interview Mark Majeski, Jerod Gibson, and an LBCC basketball player. Some questions that I intend to ask are;

“How long is the basketball season?”

“ What have practices looked like this year due to Covid?” 

“ Due to Covid, are people allowed to come watch games?”

“ When is the first game?”

“ Are the players excited to start playing games?” 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LBCC Volleyball Team Craving To Be Back On The Court

LBCC Men's and Women's Basketball Teams Are Finding Ways To Keep Things Rolling Even With Covid

10 questions With Jayme Frazier